IT Support from NGPS!
Extraordinary times call for extraordinary support! To help students and families during this time, Northern Gateway Public Schools’ tech team will be offering technology support to parents and students via a virtual Help Desk:
5 THINGS TO TRY BEFORE YOU EMAIL THE HELP DESK:
- Please ensure you have internet connectivity - try accessing some common websites. How to connect a Chromebook to Home WiFi.
- Make sure no one else is streaming in the house - Netflix, Hulu, even some TV receivers use wireless. Make sure anything using the internet is off.
- Check your video send and receive resolutions.
- Reboot your home router and Chromebook. Unplug the power from your router, wait 30 seconds and plug back in.
- Have students do a Speedtest and note the number __Mbps?
If you have tried all of the above, and are still having problems, you can email your name, student’s name and your phone number to HomeTechHelp@ngps.ca.
IT Help Desk Hours
Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
One of our technicians will reply to your email and/or follow up with a phone call during Help Desk hours. Please note: any questions regarding your child’s educational programming should be directed to your child’s teacher.