Year End Message
We are very excited to see you in the fall, we miss having you at school.
Have a great summer and be ready to come back to learn.
Harry Gray Elementary School
2020-2021 Registration for New Students
In order to register a student, parents/guardians will be asked to provide the following information:
- Completed 2020 - 2021 Student Registration Form. Email completed form(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Proof of the students’s age and legal name. Documents accepted are: birth certificate, adoption certificate, student authorization visa, Canadian citizenship papers, passport, or permanent landed immigrant/residence documentation.
- Intake appointment - an intake appointment may be required for new students. School administration will contact parents accordingly.
- Notification of special medical conditions or medications for the student.
- Proof of Residence
- Home and business telephone numbers.
- Name and address of child’s previous school (students coming from another school division).
Student Registration forms are available by downloading the form linked above.
Proof of Residence
As part of the regular registration process, proof of residence is required for all Northern Gateway Public Schools students. Parents will be required to provide a copy of their resident legal land address to the school. Proof of residence can be verified with any bill or agreement that proves that this location is the student's legal home address (blue or green sign number for farms and acreages) or street address if residence is in a town or city.
Alberta 20-21 K-12 School Year
IT Support from NGPS!
Extraordinary times call for extraordinary support! To help students and families during this time, Northern Gateway Public Schools’ tech team will be offering technology support to parents and students via a virtual Help Desk:
5 THINGS TO TRY BEFORE YOU EMAIL THE HELP DESK:
- Please ensure you have internet connectivity - try accessing some common websites. How to connect a Chromebook to Home WiFi.
- Make sure no one else is streaming in the house - Netflix, Hulu, even some TV receivers use wireless. Make sure anything using the internet is off.
- Check your video send and receive resolutions.
- Reboot your home router and Chromebook. Unplug the power from your router, wait 30 seconds and plug back in.
- Have students do a Speedtest and note the number __Mbps?
If you have tried all of the above, and are still having problems, you can email your name, student’s name and your phone number to HomeTechHelp@ngps.ca.
IT Help Desk Hours
Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
One of our technicians will reply to your email and/or follow up with a phone call during Help Desk hours. Please note: any questions regarding your child’s educational programming should be directed to your child’s teacher.
School News View All
School health measures now include mandatory masks
Posted on Aug 6 2020
On August 4, 2020, the Government of Alberta announced that the use of masks will be required when students and staff return to school. Students from Grades 4 through 12 will be required to wear masks in all public spaces (e.g. hallways, learning…
Re-entry: Students will return to In-school classes August 31
Posted on Jul 22 2020
The Government of Alberta announced yesterday that students will return to in-school classes under Scenario 1, with near-normal daily operations and added health measures. This means that daily in-school classes for all NGPS students will resume on August…
Looking Ahead! NGPS releases 2020-21 COVID-19 Re-entry Handbook
Posted on Jul 8 2020
As promised, we are pleased to share the Northern Gateway Public Schools, 2020-21 COVID-19 Re-entry Handbook. The Handbook will guide our collective response to COVID-19 and operations for the 2020-21 school year. Please note: Appendices can be accessed…