COVID-19 Information: Student Illness
Please follow this link from the Government of Alberta for information on what to do if your child is ill and/or exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms https://bit.ly/
2020-2021 Registration for New Students
In order to register a student, parents/guardians will be asked to provide the following information:
- Completed 2020 - 2021 Student Registration Form. Email completed form(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Proof of the students’s age and legal name. Documents accepted are: birth certificate, adoption certificate, student authorization visa, Canadian citizenship papers, passport, or permanent landed immigrant/residence documentation.
- Intake appointment - an intake appointment may be required for new students. School administration will contact parents accordingly.
- Notification of special medical conditions or medications for the student.
- Proof of Residence
- Home and business telephone numbers.
- Name and address of child’s previous school (students coming from another school division).
Student Registration forms are available by downloading the form linked above.
Proof of Residence
As part of the regular registration process, proof of residence is required for all Northern Gateway Public Schools students. Parents will be required to provide a copy of their resident legal land address to the school. Proof of residence can be verified with any bill or agreement that proves that this location is the student's legal home address (blue or green sign number for farms and acreages) or street address if residence is in a town or city.
IT Support from NGPS!
Extraordinary times call for extraordinary support! To help students and families during this time, Northern Gateway Public Schools’ tech team will be offering technology support to parents and students via a virtual Help Desk:
5 THINGS TO TRY BEFORE YOU EMAIL THE HELP DESK:
- Please ensure you have internet connectivity - try accessing some common websites. How to connect a Chromebook to Home WiFi.
- Make sure no one else is streaming in the house - Netflix, Hulu, even some TV receivers use wireless. Make sure anything using the internet is off.
- Check your video send and receive resolutions.
- Reboot your home router and Chromebook. Unplug the power from your router, wait 30 seconds and plug back in.
- Have students do a Speedtest and note the number __Mbps?
If you have tried all of the above, and are still having problems, you can email your name, student’s name and your phone number to HomeTechHelp@ngps.ca.
IT Help Desk Hours
Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
One of our technicians will reply to your email and/or follow up with a phone call during Help Desk hours. Please note: any questions regarding your child’s educational programming should be directed to your child’s teacher.
School News View All
COVID-19 Information - Student illness STAY AT HOME GUIDE
Posted on Sep 18 2020
This summary, based on the September 2020 Government of Alberta update, COVID-19 Symptom-Student illness, provides further clarity to parents about the ‘isolation’ period or ‘stay home and minimize contact with others’ period if a child has presenting…
NON-MEDICAL FACE MASKS: WHY USE? WHAT TO CONSIDER? HOW TO WEAR?
Posted on Sep 11 2020
NGPS 2020-21 COVID-19 Re-entry Handbook updated September 10, 2020. To read more on the NGPS Mask Protocol please see Section 1 - Provincial Health Measures, Pages 9-14 of the Handbook. WHY USE A NON-MEDICAL FACE MASK? Non-medical face masks can play…
Daily health screening required for all NGPS staff and students
Posted on Aug 27 2020
We all have a role to play in keeping schools healthy. Before coming to school each day, all staff and students must use the Government of Alberta's screening questionnaire - the COVID-19 Alberta Health Daily Checklist - to decide whether they can attend…